Built by Scott's Shipbuilding & Engineering at Greenock, Scotland,
Cassandra was launched in June 1906 and made her maiden voyage, from
Glasgow to Montréal, on 22 September 1906.
Cassandra served on the Glasgow-Canada or, in wintertime, Glasgow-Portland
route through 1924. She was then renamed Carmia and used by Donaldson
as a cargo-only ship for five years. In December 1929, Carmia was sold
to the Arnold Bernstein Line, which renamed her Drachenstein. The ship
was scrapped in Germany in 1934.