Andania and Antonia were the first two of the six 14,000
ton "A" liners built for Cunard in the early 1920's.
Antonia was built by Vickers, Ltd., and launched in 1921.
She made her maiden voyage from London to Montreal on 15
June 1922. She remained on Cunard's London-Canada service
until 1928, when she joined Andania on the
Cunard/Anchor/Donaldson joint service. Antonia, too, was
requisitioned during World War II, and served as a troop
transport and later as an armed merchant cruiser. She was
purchased by the Admiralty as a repair ship in 1942, and
renamed Wayland. She was scrapped in 1948.
Sources: Haws' Merchant Fleets; Bonsor's North Atlantic